Our registered Brampton physiotherapists will help your body recover from injury.
Physiotherapy at the Brampton BodyMend Wellness Clinic
Physiotherapy is a health care profession that provides service to evaluate, maintain, and restore optimal physical health function. All physiotherapy treatment plans at our Brampton Clinic are customized to best meet the health needs of our clients.
Our physiotherapy practitioners work collaboratively with you and our interdisciplinary team of health professionals to provide you with the best, comprehensive care to meet your unique health needs.
Active and Passive Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy can involve both active and passive forms of care to help clients in the rehabilitation process.
Active Physiotherapy care involves any kind of treatment where your are physically involved. This might mean that you are moving a joint or a muscle, either with the assistance of your physiotherapist or other care provider, or without. Other care providers can include Kinesiologists, Physiotherapy Assistants, and Active Care Specialists who work with the Physiotherapist to support client care.
Examples of active physiotherapy treatment include manual therapy, exercise programs, stretching, strengthening, use of our Theraballs and Therabands, walking on the treadmill, and cycling a stationary bike.
Passive Physiotherapy care involves the use of non-invasive, specialized equipment to provide physical stimulation to assist in the healing process. Passive physiotherapy treatment focuses more on pain relief. Passive therapies do not involve the movement of your muscles or joints.
Some common modalities used by physiotherapists in passive care include heat and cold, ultrasound, and Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator (TENS) machines.
What Can Our Physiotherapists Do for You?
Through assessment and care planning, a Physiotherapist is able to promote, protect, and improve your physical health in a wide variety of ways including:
- Elimination or reduction of pain in areas including back or neck, and joint pain such as hips, knees, ankles, wrists, elbows, or shoulders
- Prevention and treatment of sports injuries
- El Viagra, la píldora azul que ha cambiado la vida de muchos viagras mientras que en otras personas, quienes están menos relacionadas con su uso.
- Restoration and helping to increase range of motion in your joints
- Increase your body awareness and coordination
- Provide counsel and education in some aspects of pre- and post-natal care
- Assist in designing safe home and workplace environment
- Provide education in the safe and correct use of assistive devices such as canes, crutches and wheelchairs
- Help injured individuals return to work successfully