The BodyMend Wellness Clinic is offering a chance for you to have an objective look at the key indicators of your health with our new Comprehensive Health Assessment (CHA).
It’s simple! It’s a series of non-invasive assessments to check your general level of wellness. We’ll make some recommendations about how you can work toward better health and give you a little bit of health teaching on the side.
What Will the CHA Tell You About Your Health?
1. Blood Pressure: Your blood pressure and heart rate are important indicators of your cardiovascular health. Healthy nutrition and physical activity are essential to achieve (or maintain) a healthy cardiovascular system.
2. Body Composition Analysis: This simple procedure involves the placement of electrode pads on your ankles while you rest comfortably. Within minutes, the machine determines your percentage of lean body mass (i.e., muscle), fat, and hydration, as well as a few other measurements.
These measurements can guide you towards making lifestyle changes that will improve your overall health.
3. Surface Electromyography (sEMG): This test evaluates the electromagnetic activity of your muscles while they are “static” (not moving) and while they are “dynamic” (moving).
Are your muscles providing proper support and stability to your skeletal structure? Is your body balanced? This assessment will answer these questions.
4. Gait Scan: This is a computerized scan that measures and assesses your foot mechanics while walking. It detects any unusual foot functioning that may be affecting the rest of your body.
Aches and pains in the feet, knees, hips, and back can be related to something as simple as the way your feet support the weight of your body. Clients experiencing symptoms such as foot pain, bunions, arch/heel pain, leg/knee pain, or hip/back pain may benefit from this scan.
5. Functional Assessments: Our health practitioner will guide you through a series of movements that test your range of motion, flexibility, balance, and coordination.
Upon completion of the CHA, you will be provided with copies your results and a comprehensive summary of the findings.
A follow-up appointment can be booked following your assessment, during which our health practitioner will explain your results and present the treatment options that will best help you reach your goals for health and wellness.
Interested in improving your health and wellness? Take those positive steps to “mend back to better health” and call or email us to schedule your FREE Comprehensive Health Assessment today!